Provincial Nominee Programs
Canada’s Provincial Nominee Program has grown exponentially since its creation in the 1990s and now stands second only to the federal Express Entry system as the leading pathway to Canadian permanent residence for skilled foreign workers. Whether a PNP offer is issued via Express Entry or outside the selection system, a nominee is still required to submit a separate application for Permanent Resident (PR) status to IRCC
Provincial Nominee Programs across Canada actively seek and attract eligible foreign nationals who wish to apply for immigration to Canada and settle in specific province. To apply for and get nominations from the province itself, these programs (PNPs) grant individual provinces/territories the power to choose from the candidates wishing to settle in that province. Participating provinces and territories have signed an agreement with federal government (IRCC) to select their own immigrants to meet their needs for labour or business, ensuring the success of their establishment.
Key Advantages PNPs Offers to the Applicants
Provincial Nominee Programs is the easiest and quickest roadmap to migrate to Canada and settle down with family. The pivotal advantages of applying to a PNP program for Canada Immigration are as follows:
- Guaranteed Invitations: Provincial nominations award candidates an additional 600. If the foreign national’s CRS is at least 135, then the foreign national will be guaranteed to receive an ITA in the next draw. For the Express Entry system there is no guaranteed invitations.
- Work Permit: If nominated by the Canadian province, the foreign national may be eligible to receive a Work Permit Support Letter to apply to IRCC to obtain or renew a Work Permit while the foreign national awaits the decision on the application for permanent residence.
- No requirement of job offer letter: Few provincial nominee programs do not even look for a job offer from Canadian employer to apply for a PR visa as a skilled It is a huge advantage for the applicants to get Canadian Visa in absence of Canadian job offer.
- Low Language Proficiency Requirement: A few provincial nominee programs require a low level of language proficiency, i.e. CLB 4 to apply. It’s a huge advantage for the people who don’t have good IELTS score.
- Fast Processing of application: Without getting trapped in the hassles of pool selections, many PNPs provide faster processing of applications than many other programs of immigration.
See if you qualify for one of over 80 PNP programs
How to Apply for PNPs
Once you have decided the province you wish to settle in, you can take any of the following two paths to initiate the PNP application process:
- Apply for Province Directly
- Chose a province and apply for PNP
- Applications will be reviewed on criteria and point based system
- If you are selected, then you get a nomination from that province.
- With the nomination in hand, you can then apply for the visa at the IRCC (Immigration Refugee Citizenship of Canada)
- Apply for Express Entry Program
- Apply for Express Entry and make it to the pool of applicants. Express Entry manages the pool of candidates for three of Canada’s main Economic Class immigration programs — the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class, and Canadian Experience Class.
- Your profile will be viewed and selected by the province
- You get the invitation to apply for PNP of the region
- Apply for PNP
- Secure Nomination
- Apply for IRCC for Canada Visa
Newfoundland and Labrador
Apply for Canadian Permanent Residence with a Provincial Nomination
Provincial Nominee Programs across Canada actively seek and attract eligible foreign nationals by making the process of applying for Canadian permanent residence more accessible and easier to understand as its in their economic interests to do so.
Whether a PNP offer is issued via Express Entry or outside the selection system, a nominee is still required to submit a separate application for Permanent Resident (PR) status to IRCC.
With more than 80 provincial immigration streams, discovering a Canadian immigration mode that best suits you may be tough. Manuleaf Immigration is here to help you find the right path.