Quebec Immigration-Investor Program is designed to facilitate immigration to Quebec for business people.
The Quebec Investor Program is for experienced investors who have significant assets and personal net worth which they wish to invest in the province of Quebec. This program provides them the opportunity to settle in Quebec and obtain a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa by investing CAD $1.2 million risk-free through an approved financial intermediary or by financing that investment.
To be eligible for the Investor Program, you must:
- Have legally acquired a minimum of CAD$2 million in net assets
- Have acquired a minimum of two years of management experience over the course of five years prior to the submission of the application;
- Intend to settle in Québec;
- Make an investment equivalent to CAD $1.2 million for 5 years, Quebec Government guaranteed, 0% interest;
- Sign an investment agreement with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investor Program;
When making your investment under this program, you can choose one of two options:
- Investment of CAD $1,200,000 of your own funds: In order to meet the investment requirement, you may choose to make a government-guaranteed investment of CAD $1,200,000 of your own funds with the Government of Quebec. These funds are then kept with the government for a period of five years, after which they are returned to you in full with 0% interest; OR
- Payment of a financing fee: Instead of depositing CAD$1,200,000, you may choose to pay a one-time financing fee of CAD $350,000 to a government-approved financial institution. This fee will not be returned to you. The financial institution will then invest CAD $1,200,000 with the government on your behalf.
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program is passive in nature, meaning no active managerial role is required after the investment is made. All immediate members of the candidate’s family (spouse and dependent children) are included in the application and have the same status as the candidate.