Provincial Entrepreneur Programs is designed as the most direct path to Permanent Residency
Canadian provinces will nominate eligible applicants for immigration to Canada to settle in that province and based on the province’s economic needs. Businessmen and entrepreneurs interested in immigrating and living in one of the provinces offering the PNP Business nomination program may want to consider investment in these provinces.
To use a specific entrepreneur PNP, the applicant must intend to reside in that province and must operate a qualifying business in that province. A detailed business plan is usually required.
PNP Entrepreneur Eligibility
While each PNP entrepreneur program has its own set of eligibility requirements, generally each program requires the following:
- The applicant must have 2- 5 years of full-time management experience
- The applicant must have at least a minimum net worth of minimum $350,000, legally obtained, which will need to be verified by an independent accounting firm designated by the province
- The applicant must invest a substantial minimum amount in a qualifying business in the province and/or must own a prescribed percentage of the qualifying business
- The qualifying business in Canada must meet PNP eligibility requirements, as some types of businesses are prohibited
- The applicant must reside in the province and must actively manage the day to day operations of the qualifying business in the province
- The qualifying business in the province must create employment for Canadians or Canadian permanent residents
- A performance agreement is usually required, and a nomination will be conditional on the applicant proving that the PNP requirements have been met
- PNPs may have other requirements such as requiring an exploratory trip to the province, proof of language ability and/or maximum age limitations.
Entrepreneur Programs comparison chart
Path to Permanent Residency
Under PNP programs, applicants first apply to be nominated by a province, and based on that nomination applicant may receive permanent residence.
Manuleaf Immigration is specialized in business immigration. We will help you with every step of the program, including eligibility, market research and business analysis, business plan, moving and establishing your business in Canada.